Building Love Renovation
St. Peter’s in the Woods is in the midst of an exciting renovation project to enhance our worship space and improve access and overall use of our building.
We hope to break ground in August of 2022. We are grateful for your support and look forward to sharing updates on our progress. Check back soon!
Greetings from the Building Committee! We have been working behind the scenes with the design team and our construction planning contractor (Wack General Contractor), in consultation with the Vestry. Things are really beginning to gel and parishioners should start to see things happen at the church in late summer/ early fall. Listed below is the expected timeline:
• Subcontractors’ bids due to Wack Tuesday, April 26th
• Wack’s bid is expected on or before Monday May 2nd
• The Building Committee expects to see Wack’s bid May 2-6.
The currently County approved permits for Building Love are as follows:
• Fire Marshal
• Minor Site Plan
• Site Review
We have been told to anticipate the possibility of having all of the permits approved as soon as mid-June. If St. Peters can come to terms with Wack in a timely fashion, and its subs are available, we may be able to move the start date up to July, from the most recent project schedule’s August 1st start date.
Thank you for your patience as this all gets worked out. We will keep you posted.
As reported at the Annual Meeting, your Building Committee has been busy working with our architects, civil engineers and the county to keep things moving with our project:
- Walter L. Phillips, Inc. (WLP), our civil engineer, submitted our minor site plan to Fairfax County for review and it was accepted by the county on January 13, 2022.
- The formal review by the county is now underway. Timing for this review is expected to take up to 6 months, with our plan likely approved in July 2022.
- Kerns Group Architects (KGA) had a very positive meeting with the County ahead of submitting our building permit. We expect to file our building permit application to the County and General Contractor Bidding Documents by the end of February. The County review and contractor bidding process will take about 4 months.
- The bottom line? We expect to begin construction in August! The contractors estimate 8 months of actual construction work.
- Status of the Land Sale: The contract is being signed for the boundary line adjustment with Fairfax County for expansion of the adjacent fire house. Our net proceeds should be $90,000 to St Peter’s and $10,000 to the Diocesan Missionary Society, the owner of our property.
Some 37 of you have completed your 3-year pledge to our campaign. Thank you!!
The Building Committee continues to proactively coordinate and monitor the progress of plans and address development issues as they arise. It is an exciting time in the life of our parish!