The Mission and Outreach ministry at St. Peter’s in the Woods is a vibrant group that supports issues and causes on a local, regional, national and international basis. Whether it’s gathering food to support local school children who risk hunger on the weekend, selling pumpkins to assist our Navajo brothers and sisters, going on mission to Appalachia, or collecting bicycles for Bikes for the World, our Mission & Outreach ministry is committed to living out Jesus’ command to serve others.
Our Military Ministry group partners with local agencies to provide Christmas presents, food baskets and hospitality to nearby servicemembers who need financial support around the holidays.
At Serving with the Saints, the community gathers for a potluck dinner and the chance to serve others with hands-on projects, such as making blankets for the elderly, sending bandanas and greeting cards to deployed service members, or stuffing trail mix snack bags for homeless guests at the Lamb Center.
We also support:
- FISH (For Immediate Sympathetic Help) – works in conjunction with the Fairfax County Department of Human Services and responds to request from the poor and the elderly in the greater Fairfax City area.
- The Lamb Center – Founded in 1992, the Lamb Center’s mission is to serve the poor and homeless, transform lives, and share God’s love. TLC typically service 40-50 people a day, six days a week, providing hospitality, referrals and assistance, prayer, meals, clothing, financial assistance, showers, laundry and more.
- LCAC – The Lorton Community Action Center is dedicated to improving the quality of life for under-privileged individuals, families and children in the Lorton and southern Fairfax County area.
- FACETS – FACETS provides comprehensive programs and services to men, women, and children who are homeless or are otherwise precariously housed in Fairfax County.
- Operation Bandana – Operation Bandana is a Christian nonprofit ministry dedicated to providing servicemen and women with inspiration, strength and comfort through the gift of a camouflage bandana imprinted with Psalm 91, “the Soldier’s Psalm.”
- Episcopal Relief & Development – Working in partnership with the worldwide Church, ecumenical agencies and local organizations, Episcopal Relief & Development saves lives and strengthens communities around the world.