Children of all ages will find a welcoming and nurturing home at St. Peter’s in the Woods, where we come together to learn about God, make friends and have fun!
Children, Worship & Communion
Children are warmly welcomed at any of our worship services. If helpful, we have child-friendly activity bags for younger children to enjoy during the service. Children of all ages are also welcome to receive communion. When we baptize children, we welcome them into the family of God, as full members of God’s church. Once we are baptized, regardless of our age, we are welcome to receive Communion. If you would prefer for your child to receive a blessing, please let the priest know when you come up for communion.
Noah’s Nursery is for infants through 4 year old children. Our nursery is a joyful, warm and caring space led by trained, professional childcare providers. We work closely with our parents to ensure that children are comfortable and happy so all can enjoy their Sunday morning experience.
- Summer Sundays 9:45 – 11:15 am
- Sep – Jun Sundays 8:45 – 11:15 am
- Special services & events: As needed
Sunday School, 10:00 – 10:30 am, September through June.
Depending on the number of children attending Sunday School our class ranges from a one-room school house to the below breakdown:
- Trailblazers, ages 4 – 2nd grade. Our Children will engage with biblical stories in both the Hebrew scriptures and the New Testament to explore ways we join God at work in the world all while having fun and learning. Meets in the downstairs classrooms.
- Adventurers, grades 3 – 5. Using a combination of learning, sharing and hands on activities, Adventurers will be growing deeper in conversation, friendship and understanding of our faith tradition. Meets in the downstairs classrooms.
Vacation Bible School
Each summer we offer a joyous Vacation Bible School program for ages 4 through 5th grade. This week-long program is filled with arts, crafts, music, games and learning about the life of Jesus. VBS is led by adults and teen members of the congregation and is one of the highlights of the year. Click here for registration information.