St. Peter’s in the Woods, Fairfax Station, VA
Job Description for Youth Director
Saint Peter’s in the Woods Episcopal Church in Fairfax Station, VA seeks a Part-time Youth Director (10-12 hours a week) with a passion for building relationships with youth, sharing and living out the gospel of Christ with young people, and working collaboratively on a ministry team. With over 20 youth in our 6 – 12th grade age group, we seek a dynamic Youth Director to create Sunday evening programs, build connections with other youth groups in our region and Diocese, identify and lead mission trip and service opportunities. Our hope is that our Youth Director will become involved in the life of our parish, and attending weekly worship is required. Supporting Sunday School for high school youth and confirmation classes is also expected.
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ, enthusiastic about sharing God’s love for all people
- Successful experience working with and growing youth programs
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work creatively and collaboratively with others
- Ability to plan effectively and mentor both youth and adult chaperones
- Training in Safe Church practices.
Our ministry with youth is growing and St. Peter’s in the Woods is a warm and supportive environment for building ministry. Lay or ordained candidates are invited to forward a letter of interest and resume to the Rev. Susan Hartzell, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Youth Director must pass a background check and complete Safeguarding God’s Children training in compliance with the policies of the Episcopal Diocese of VA.